Polish railway infrastructure manager, PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe, will launch infrastructure tenders with a value of PLN 17 billion (EUR 3.8 billion) by the end of 2021.
The implementation of the projects will increase transport safety, will improve the rail freight and passenger transport services, will shorten the journey times, facilitate access to the railway infrastructure and contribute to a better transport integration.
By the end of 2021, the infrastructure manager wants to select the contractors for construction works under 61 investments.
The projects include reconstruction works for:
- Ełk Osobowy and Ełk Towarowy stations and the Ełk Szyba Wschód passenger stop;
- Białystok – Ełk railway line;
- Poznań railway bypass;
- Zduńska Wola Karsznice – Dąbie nad Nerem railway section;
- Katowice Szopienice Płd – Katowice – Katowice Piotrowice section;
- Będzin – Katowice Szopienice;
- Tychy – Most Wisła railway section;
- Zabrzeg – Zebrzydowice – state border connection with the Czech Republic;
- Kościerzyna – Somonino and Somonino – Kartuzy sections;
- Somonino – Gdańsk Osowa railway section;
- Wierzchucin –provincial border rail connection;
- the reconstruction of the voivodeship border railway section – Kościerzyna (Gdańsk Pomerania region);
- Giżycko – Kętrzyn railway section with works continuing from Kętrzyn to Korsze;
- Maksymilianowo station in Bydgoszcz County;
- Słupsk station in Pomeranian Voivodeship, a junction station, situated on the railway line No 202 from Gdansk Central to Stargard;
- Zawiercie station in Silesian Voivodeship.
In addition to the mentioned investments, PKP PLK will perform a number of tasks which include the reconstruction of several or a dozen kilometers long sections of railway lines, the construction or reconstruction of engineering structures such as bridges, railway and road viaducts. The company will also carry out projects involving the rail-road crossing improvement and the reconstruction of railway traffic control devices. For other investments, the company intends to purchase of the needed materials for the construction works.
The company says that the infrastructure tenders aim at the completion of the projects under the National Railway Programme for 2014-2020 and the beginning of the new perspective for 2021 – 2027. Concerning the investment plans under the two frameworks, PKP PLK is ready to begin the tender procedures for tracks, energy supply system and railway automation repair and maintenance works. PLN 650 million (EUR 145.56 million) is the estimated value for these works.
PKP PLK mentions that the investments announced in advance will enable companies to prepare their offer and to plan their financial resources to submit the best offer.