7 bids for technical study on a Rijeka-Zagreb section

Croatia’s rail infrastructure manager, HŽ Infrastruktura, announced that seven bids from domestic and foreign companies were submitted for the preparation of technical documentation on the reconstruction of Oštarije – Škrljevo rail section, with a total length of 114 km.
The study envisages the elaboration of a project management, the preparation of design concept variants for the path and the feasibility study, cost-benefit analysis, preliminary design and the environmental impact study.
The Oštarije – Škrljevo section is a part of the main railway line of significance for international transport M202 Zagreb Main Station – Karlovac – Rijeka, located on the Rijeka-Zagreb-Budapest pre-identified section of the Mediterranean Core Network Corridor.
Last year, HŽ Infrastruktura and INEA signed a EUR 5.95 million grant agreement under the Connecting Europe Facility, covering 85% of the costs. The estimated total cost is EUR 7 million and the remaining 15% of the maximum amount, or EUR 1.05 million, will be financed from own resources.
The existing railway line should be reconstructed to provide interoperable transport services for passengers and freight trains, as the current condition of infrastructure does not meet the demands of interoperability for international corridors.
The Oštarije – Škrljevo section is a single-track line, electrified by a single AC 25 kV 50 Hz system. The maximum permitted speed is 80 km/h, but with numerous limitations due to infrastructure conditions.
The line is part of a Global Project for the completion of the Rijeka-Zagreb section of the Rijeka-Hungarian border connection. The project’s completion will contribute to the improvement of the cross-border connection between Croatia and Hungary.

Share on: