Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued Requests for Proposals (RFP) for Ontario Line two major contracts covering the Pape Tunnel and underground stations and the elevated Guideway and stations.
In total, six consortia have been invited to bid on the packages, which are being delivered using a Progressive Design-Build delivery model. Shortlisted teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications process that began in November 2022, which included their design and construction experience.
For the Pape Tunnel and underground stations contract, the three teams are:
- Applicant Lead: Strabag Inc
- Design Team: Strabag, Arup Canada
- Construction Team: Strabag Inc.
Pape North Connect
- Applicant Leads: Webuild, FCC Construcción.
- Design Team: IBI Group Professional Services (Canada), Aecom Canada
- Construction Team: Webuild, FCC Construcción.
Trillium Subway Partners
- Applicant Leads: Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Eiffage Innovative Canada, Amico Infrastructures Incorporated
- Design Team: WSP Canada (Lead Designer), Typsa Canada, LEA Consulting
- Construction Team: Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Eiffage Innovative Canada.
For the elevated guideway and stations, the consortia are:
Rail Connect Partnership
- Applicant Leads: SNC-Lavalin Major Projects, Bird Construction Industrial Services
- Design Team: T.Y. Lin International Canada, Entuitive Corporation
- Construction Team: SNC-Lavalin Major Projects, Bird Construction Industrial Services
Transit Expansion North
- Applicant Leads: Pomerleau, Aecon Infrastructure Management, Bouygues Travaux Publics
- Design Team: Parsons, Systra International Bridge Technologies Canada, GHD Limited
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management, Bouygues Travaux Publics.
Trillium Guideway Partners
- Applicant Leads: Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Amico Infrastructures, Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group
- Design Team: WSP Canada
- Construction Team: Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Amico Infrastructures, Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group.
The selected teams will start to prepare the proposals for Ontario Line two major contracts detailing the way they will deliver the two projects. The evaluation of the proposals is expected to start in 2024 and once the development phase is completed, Metrolinx will have the option to sign a contract with the successful team.
The new Toronto’s 15.6 km transit line with 15 stations will run between Ontario Science Centre and Exhibition/Ontario Place providing more than 40 connections with the other public transport modes.