More than 25 years committed in the design and manufacture of devices and systems installed on board of trains. Dot System srl is increasingly focusing in managing of pictures and videos, from the single camera to the complete system.
, the Italian company in the market of Rolling Stock since the 90’s, is more and more focused in multimedia products and complete systems.
In this issue, we are presenting in detail the last born camera called CAMellia, applied in the different systems installed on board of rolling stocks.
CAMellia have been designed to be installed in Rear View and Door View Systems, Videosurveillance and Track View (useful for testimonial images in case of accidents), designed to be compliant with the up to date ‘H265’ video coding standard.
Here following the main characteristics of the CAMellia Camera with reference to the different above mentioned applications.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE
CAMellia Videocamera product family
“CAMellia FHD265” is a family of network Video Cameras specifically designed for high quality Image acquisition and Video surveillance inside of trains, trams, metro and light rails vehicles.
It is based on a high quality, ‘full high definition’ CMOS Image Sensor empowered by hardware based Image enhancement and ‘High Dynamic Range’ algorithms.
“CAMellia FHD265” is equipped with a high performance processor and specific hardware for high quality and high efficiency real time Image compression, based on the most advanced available standards H265.
The multi-streams video delivery feature allows multi simultaneous view of the captured video and the dual video channels features allows to generate two independent video streams with independently configurable image compression quality and frame rate.
The high quality CMOS Image Sensor and the powerful Image processing engine allows the real time image processing and enhancing for a 2K (1920 x 1080 pixels) and up to 3K (2048 x 1536 pixels) Images at 60 frames per second.
Image processing algorithm as, mirror, flip, rotation, ‘High Dynamic Range’ correction, Noise reduction, Defog, Lens distortion correction, digital Zoom, On Screen Display and other, are basic feature of the “CAMellia FHD265”
“CAMellia FHD265” can be optionally supplied with a Audio capture Microphone. The captured Audio is then streamed synchronously to the video stream.
CAMellia for Videosurveillance
A standard Ethernet 10/100 Base Tx Port, with ‘Power over Ethernet’ (‘PoE’), is used for video delivery, control and diagnostic. The video delivery is based on the ‘Real Time Streaming Protocol’ (RTSP) for robust and stable video delivery to one to several clients.
The ‘Power over Ethernet’ function allows to have a single Cable connection for a significant reduction of cost and complexity of the complete system. A ‘simplified PoE’ is available as an option to get the advantage of a single Cable connection and, at the same time, to don’t incur in the complexity of the ‘PoE’ related standard.
“CAMellia FHD265” is housed in a compact mixed casted aluminum + plastic Case with a spherical and ‘floating’ Lens and Image Sensor support and an optional transparent spherical protection. The ‘floating’ holder can be rotated by 0 to +90° along the vertical axis and by ± 45°C along the horizontal axis without tool, allowing a quick and simple orientation of the field of view directly during the installation.
It is featured by a simple to install mechanism based on three hidden and unlosable Screws.
It can be supplied with Solid State Disk with a capacity up to 512 GB to support local Video recording for distributed storage system where the external Video Recorder is not mandatory.
“CAMellia FHD265” supports the ‘Onvif’ Profile ‘S’ and ‘T’ specification for remote control, diagnostic and Image and Audio streaming.
- High quality image ‘backlight’ sensor, for better sensitivity in low light conditions (about twice that a non-backlight sensor);
- Resolution of the Image Sensor: 1920 x 1080 (‘fullHD’);
- Pixel pitch: 2.9×2.9 micron;
- Frame rate: 60 frames per second;
Wide choice of Optics to meet the application needs which the camera is destined in its different declinations (for example: internal for ‘Videosurveillance’ and ‘Track View’, external for ‘Rear View’ and ‘Door View’).
Depending on the needed application, it is possible to guarantee different angles of view till 180° (‘Fish eye’) thanks to the availability of special miniaturized optics that can be applied as options, case by case.
- Image processor equipped with hardware and ‘ISP’ (‘Image Signal Processing’) dedicated for the optimization and processing of high-performance images with high quality level and ‘Codec’ hardware ‘H264’ + ‘HEVC’ (‘ H265‘);
- Based on 32-bit ‘dual core’ ARM A9® processor with Linux Operating System;
Image processing functions
- ‘Gamma correction’ (correction of color tones);
- Electronic ‘Shutter’ (duration of exposure);
- Automatic white balance (‘AWB’);
- ‘2D’ and ‘3D’ noise reduction (ie, ” spatial and ‘spatial + temporal’);
- Wide Dynamic Range (‘WDR’), obtained by multiple exposure of the Image Sensor with different duration parameters of the ‘Exposure’ (‘Shutter’);
- Automatic ‘Exposure’ control (‘AE’);
- Ambient light sensor for a more precise management of the ‘Exposure’ regulation (option);
- Horizontal ‘Mirror’;
- Vertical ‘Flip’;
- Rotation in 90° steps (‘landscape’ and ‘portrait’ mode);
- 2x and 3x electronic zoom;
- Elimination of the ‘flicker’ caused by intermittent sources of asynchronous light (artificial light in neon, halogen, etc.);
- Correction of the lens distortion. The actual ability to produce three simultaneous flows is dependent on the configuration and characteristics of the same. Specific tests in this regard are carried out during the product engineering phase;
- ‘On Screen Display’ (‘OSD’) with the possibility to insert date, time and title (option);
- ‘Motion detention’ with alarm signal programmable via Ethernet port (option);
Image compression and transmission functions
- ‘H264‘ compression.
- ‘H265‘ compression.
- ‘RTSP‘ protocol for ‘streaming‘ of the images.
- Possibility to generate up to three ‘streaming’ streams simultaneously with different resolution configurations, ‘frame rate’, codec and compression factor. All the active flows at the same time will necessarily share the same control parameters, management and image processing as, in detail: ‘AWB’, ‘AE’, ‘Shutter’, ‘Noise reduction’, ‘WDR’,
- Connection via 10/100 Ethernet port with female M12-D connector.
- Supported protocols: all the most common Ethernet protocols relevant to the application, namely:
- ‘RTSP’ protocol the ‘streaming’ of video images
- ‘SNMP’ protocol for diagnostic purposes, management of the main functionalities and configuration of the main image process parameters and compression.
- Web interface for the configuration of the main image process parameters and the compression.
- Protocol ‘ONVIF Server Network Video Transmitter’ (‘NVT’) Profile ‘S’.
- Power supply via 4-pin male M12-A connector (option).
- ‘Universal’ Power Supply Range (+16 Volt to +160 Volt) (option).
- Power supply via Ethernet port (‘Power over Ethernet’) compliant to the IEEE802.3af standard.
- Power class ‘2’ according to IEEE802.af (up to 6.5 Watt).
- Input Voltage: -36 Volt to -57 Volt, according to IEEE802.af
- EMC filter.
‘Mass Storage’ module (option)
‘Solid State’ (‘SSD’) mass storage unit, nominal capacity 512 GB.
This capacity is enough to store 100 hours of video and, if necessary, audio at an average bit rate of about 10 Mb / sec.
CAMellia Rear View
The proposed Storage Unit is realized with ‘3D Nand’ at a ‘triple level’ technology, that means with three bits per single memory cell. This is the only technology available to date for the level of integration and memory capacity required for the proposed product.
The average estimated duration of the proposed Storage Unit is 1000 write cycles at an average temperature of 55° C within the product.
It is possible to increase the ‘life’ of the storage unit by reducing the space available for recording. This is possible by operating at the level of ‘formatting’ and ‘partitioning’ of the same. The average estimated duration of the Storage Unit is a statistical datum that is in strict dependence with various environmental factors (in particular the Temperature) and mode of use. The failure mode is carried out in the form of corruption of the stored data.
Hold up Unit
Supercapacitors Supply Voltage hold-up unit, designed to guarantee a perfect shutdown of the system. This functionality is essential in order to guarantee the integrity of the ‘File System’ and, consequently, of the registrations, as well as to preserve the reliability of the ‘mass’ Memory in ‘Solid State’ (‘SSD’).
- Integrated Mono microphone for recording of sound in the environment.
- Encoding and compression G.711 / G.726 / AMR / AAC and incorporation into the ‘RTSP’ video stream.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE
Multimedia Video Recorder
Multimedia Video Recorder (Network) is an high performance multichannel Network Video Recorder specifically designed for rail vehicles.
It can be involved in all Multimedia Systems where you find applications consisting of image capturing by a camera.
The applications are basically the once described above and including the Rear View and Door View Systems, Videosurveillance and Track View (useful for testimonial images in case of accidents), designed to be compliant with the up to date ‘H265’ video coding standard.
The Video images are captured in a form of ‘RTSP’ (‘Real Time Streaming Protocol’) formatted video streams from a 100 Base Tx or, optionally, a 1000 Base TX Ethernet Port.
The captured video streams are stored in a rugged, high performance and high availability ‘Solid State Disk’ array. Each video steam, corresponding to a Video channel, is stored in a dedicated database like structure for fast retrieval. The stored video streams are marked with a precise time stamp information and, if the ‘Global Navigation Satellite System’ (‘GNSS’) option is installed, with the geographical coordinates of place where the recording is done.
The Video Recorder supports a simultaneous recording of up to 16 ‘HD’ resolution grade up to 30 Hertz Frame per second Video channels.
The stored video streams can be individually played by connecting a Video player to the Ethernet Port, or by direct playback from the Web Served embedded in the Video Recorder. The playback, as well as the access to the built in web server, can be protected by a password as supports to the privacy management.
Alternatively, the stored video streams can be download through the ‘FTP’ or the ‘HTTP’ Server, also embedded in the in the Video Recorder.
“VR” can be optionally supplied with a MVB-EMD Port for the integration with the TCMS vehicle and train network.
The Video Recorder can be equipped with an optional for Mobile Router, ‘GNSS’ Receiver and ‘Wi-Fi’ connection.
It is housed in a compact, lightweight, modular aluminum case with two fixing options: by back Bar (‘DIN Bar’) and by front Flanges. The electronic boards can be simply removed and replaced, for low maintenance cost. The ‘Solid State Disk’ module is protected by a Key lock with ‘tamper’ detention. It can also be removed for replacement or for juridical issue.
Main features and functionalities
- High performance 32 bits quad core processor.
- ‘Storage’ Module based on High reliable, wide Temperature Range, 2 bits per Cell (‘MLC2’) ‘Solid State Disk’ Array with two available storage options (160 and 320 GBytes).
- Provision for increasing of the Solid State Disk’ Array storage capacity taking the benefits of the technology improvements, by a simply replacement of the ‘Storage’ Module.
- Specific algorithms implemented in the ‘Solid State Disk’ Array to increase the reliability and the life time (‘Error checking and correction’, ‘Wear levelling’, ‘Bad block management’).
- Accept MPEG4/H264 Image compression @ up to 30 Frame per second standard for recording.
- Two Ethernet ports by internal Switch: one 100 Base Tx Port on a standard M12-D Connector and one 1000 Base Tx on a standard M12-X Connector.
- ‘Real Time Streaming Protocol’ (‘RTSP’) or ‘HTTP’ for the video acquisition.
- Up to 16 simultaneous Video streams for recording with a maximum rate of 15 Mbits/second each.
- ‘TCP/IP’ protocol for control and diagnostic.
- Built-in Web Server for configuration, diagnostic, in place stored Video playback and for stored Video download.
‘FTP’ or ‘HTTP’ protocol for Video download.
- Linux Operating System.
- Option for Mobile Router and ‘GNSS’ Receiver.
- Option for ‘Wi-Fi’ connection.
- Option for MVB-EMD Class 1 Port.
- 16 to 160 Volt Power Supply range.
- Low Power Consumption: less than 12 Watt.
- Compact, lightweight aluminum case with modular construction: each electronic board (‘Module’) can be extracted and replaced from the front side.
- 22TE (112 millimeters) length for the base configuration.
- ‘DIN Bar’ or front side fixing.
- Removable ‘Storage’ Module with Key lock and ‘tamper’ detention.
- IP44 protection grade
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE
Multimedia Network Monitor DSX64M08-12
Multimedia Network Monitor is a multimedia Monitor specifically designed for streaming multi-video and audio reproduction.
Multimedia Network Monitor is equipped with a 100 and, 1000 base Tx(1) Ethernet Ports, high quality 12.1 inches wide view angle LCD Display, rugged multi-touch retro-projected capacitance Touch Glass and optional Integrated Speaker and ‘Class D’ stereo audio output.
The video and the optional audio, are acquired in a compressed form through a stream from the Ethernet network. “DSX64M08-12” is able to acquires and display Up to four video channels simultaneously and to switch at any time from a multi-channel view to a single channel view and vice versa.
A service USB port is available on the front side of the “MNM” for simply software update and configuration.
“DSX64M08-12” accepts any ‘DC’ supply voltage in use in the rail field (‘Universal Power Supply range’) for a great simplification in the product code inventory and product management among the projects.
Multimedia Network Monitor is boxed in a fully metal case with robust front Panel and low back cover.
Main features and functionalities
- 1 inches, 1024×768 pixel LCD Display;
- Wide LCD Display viewing angle in all direction (‘IPS’ technology);
- High brightness;
- Directly laminated on the LCD Display rugged multi-touch retro-projected capacitance Touch Glass (‘PCAP’ technology). The Touch Glass works with many types of gloves made by natural skin, rubber, or natural or synthetic clothes;
- Two Ethernet ports by internal Switch: one 100 Base Tx Port on a standard M12-D Connector and one 1000 Base Tx on a standard M12-X Connector;
- Accept MPEG4/H264 Image compression @ up to 60 Frame per second standard for visualization;
- ‘Real Time Streaming Protocol’ (‘RTSP’) or ‘HTTP’ for the video acquisition;
- Up to four simultaneous video channels can be displayed in a quad split display view;
- ‘TCP/IP’ protocol for control, diagnostic and for interaction with the TCMS;
- Service USB 2.0 high speed ‘OnTheGo’ port accessible by the front Panel;
- Linux, Ubuntu or Android Operating System;
- 16 to 160 Volt Power Supply range;
- Low Power Consumption: less than 25 Watt at maximum LCD Display brightness;
- Black anodized Aluminium front Panel with polycarbonate protective cover;
- Stainless steel low depth back cover;
- Option for Mobile Router and ‘GNSS’ Receiver;
- Option for ‘Wi-Fi’ connection;
- Option for MVB-EMD Class 1 or Class 4 Port;
- Option for audio reproduction with integrated speaker and ‘Class D’ stereo output.
COMPLETE INTEGRATED SYSTEM